Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Water


We all know it's important to drink plenty of water. We're told from childhood to have at least 8 glasses a day. Just how much we need for optimum health is apparently unknown for there are many varying recommendations, but plenty and then some sounds right to me. It's a big part of our overall makeup, it helps our bodies function in many important ways, and an ample supply is a help in fat loss efforts also.

I try to remember to drink a lot of the stuff but I don't always. I know I feel better when I do. All in all I figured I was probably getting about a gallon a day. I got to wondering just how much I drink on a given day, so I bought a gallon jug and took it to work. I drank from it when I was thirsty, when I thought of water, and when I saw it sitting there on my desk. At the end of the work day there was just a tad over a half gallon left. So much for perceived level of hydration!

Someone said "If you're not assessing, you're just guessing".
Bottom's up.

No comments: