Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Travel recap Oct 23-28

Been slacking off here! The trip was good and it is always wonderful to visit family.
But it wasn't very fitness oriented either. Everything moves slowly at a retirement community and the food availability isn't always the best. So I went from an intense fat-burning regimen to a lackadaisical several days. The focus was to visit with loved ones and that was heart warming and wonderful.
Now- back to work!

I did do a little work out the morning I left, a SS of DB bench and DB rows. Other than that, I wasn't able to fit in a workout during the trip. On Monday when I got back I did the same SS, presses and rows. Tuesday night I did some deadlifting, working up to 5X5X225. Then on Wednesday I went back to I-FAST for the next session with Bill Hartman. The new program looks good and I'm set for a good month of progress.

I also have gone for an exam on my shoulder with an Orthopedic Dr, who says I have adhesive capsulitis and prescribed rounds of PT, which I started yesterday. Part of the nature of adhesive capsulitis is that it comes and goes on its own, so this problem may not be self-inflicted as I have thought after all. Between Bill's program and the PT's exercises I have plenty of stretching to do and have high hopes for getting past this as fast as possible.

To restate my goals from my initial contact with I-FAST- get shoulder healthy, get leaner, get stronger. I've made progress with all three, so I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing. I have better mobility and far less pain in my shoulder, I lost 15 pounds with last month's effort, and the bar weights are going up each programming cycle. I'm planning to make strength the focus of November.
Here we go...

No comments: